We’re hiring a veterinary nurse!
City Pets Animal Care, a multi-doctor, companion animal PRIVATE practice, seeks a full-time veterinarian to join our fantastic team of professionals in Downtown Nashville, TN.
What Makes City Pets Different?
- Locally Owned – We’re on a mission to make a difference in our community and the lives we impact every day, in an industry controlled by large corporate practices where you’re just a number.
- Zero Tolerance Policy – Every client signs our policy which prohibits any verbal or physical abuse to our nurses or other clients.
- Professional Respect – Whether you’re highly experienced and licensed or limited in experience, you’ll be respectfully titled a Nurse with us instead of a technician or assistant.
- Open Door Policy – We stive to work closely with pet parents to make the best decisions for their pets and that includes the ability to be with them 100% of the time.
- Top Quality Equipment/Cutting-Edge Techniques – Digital dental x-ray unit, ultrasound, CryoProbe, and a full body DR digital x-ray machine coupled with cutting-edge techniques to help cure and help prevent illness from returning.
- Alternative Medicine/Additional Care – We offer vaccine titers to avoid over-vaccinating, alternative medicine such as Acupuncture and Chiropractic, as well as hospice care, house calls and personalized health plans.
- Start to Finish Nurse Engagement – Our nurses are with their patients from start to finish which reduces the potential for errors, creates a stronger bond with our pets and pet parents, and makes the entire experience more seamless.
- Community Involvement – We proudly serve our community by working with Crossroads Campus Rescue and by donating our time to local animal rescues. We believe that a business can do well by doing good meaning that profit and charity go hand-in-hand.
- Must have prior pet handling experience (vet clinic, shelter, daycare, boarding, groomer, etc.).
- Positive team-player that’s inquisitive and humble with a desire to learn.
- The interpersonal skills to balance being an empathetic listener with clients while still effectively leading them through communications.
- The problem-solving skills to ask the right questions in logical manner to successfully assist clients.
- Experience giving vaccines, blood draws, and catheter placements a plus.
Basic Nursing Skills Training (Depending Upon Experience) include:
- Knowledge of routine preventative care.
- Ability to educate clients in the exam rooms on wellness care as well as give post-op discharge instructions, medication instructions, and discuss owners’ concerns.
- Safe animal restraint.
- Radiographic positioning knowledge.
- Ability to give injections IV, SQ and IM.
- Ability to draw blood from multiple locations on cats and dogs.
- Ability to place IV catheters.
- Knowledge and confidence in surgical prep., procedure and post-op care, anesthesia monitoring, induction, and recovery.
- Well paid! – We believe in providing a livable wage plus increases as your skillset grows.
- Great Benefits – The flexibility to choose the right health plan for you (QSHERA), dental, vision, matching 401K, PTO, flexible schedule, discounts on personal pets, embroidered scrubs, and more…
- Hostility-Free Work Environment – We enforce our Zero Tolerance Policy, so you won’t be subjected to abuse as, “that’s just part of the job.”
- Supportive Culture – We help each other grow and learn and we won’t “chew you out” or “write you up” if you make a mistake. Instead, we’ll use it as a learning opportunity to help you.
- Intentional Training – We have a proven rotation that everyone completes to make it easier to be confident and competent as a Nurse with us.
- Career Growth – We’ll help you grow your career with us with personalized professional development assistance plan that aligns with your interests.
- Work-Life Balance – No weekends, enjoy 3 days off weekly with our 4-10s plus we have a stringent appointment policy to protect your 1-hour lunch break and leaving between 5:30 and 6pm.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $17.00 – $30.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday